Data and Excel support in tech scale-up
Part-time student job
Join 5miles, a growing tech scale-up in e-learning
It is our passion to build a world where professionals and organizations improve themselves on a daily basis in an inspiring, fun and effective way. 5miles is an innovative e-learning tool helping professionals to easily improve their skills, work smarter and have a bigger impact – in just 5 minutes a day. Our clients are among the leading Dutch banks, insurance companies and advisory firms.
In the heart of Amsterdam, our team of ambitious individuals is working on the next big step of our scale up: to become a household name among business professionals. Interested? Read on - 5miles might just be the place for you!
Your job at 5miles
To support our growth, we are looking for a working student who can help our marketing-, sales- and customer success teams with some extra brainpower and data skills. It is the perfect job for anyone who is thinking about a career related to consultancy, banking, business intelligence or accounting – working at 5miles will also provide you with valuable skills to get your career of to a flying start!
Depending on your background and motivation you will focus on a combination of these activities:
- Customer Support: You are the first point of contact for our users. You help new users to get started with the 5miles learning tool and support users when they are stuck with an Excel or PowerPoint challenge or have other questions.
- Marketing & Sales Support: You help with implementing marketing strategies and analyzing marketing campaigns. Investigate new leads for sales and organize demo’s for potential clients.
- Customer Success: You make sure that our dashboards are up and running, provide the numbers and graphics we require to evaluate and improve our product.
Are you a match?
We work with driven individuals with a proactive attitude and who can adapt to our working environment within a short period of time. Currently, 5miles is going through an important phase of growth. This requires switching between strategizing and execution every day and thinking creatively and on your feet. Does this energize you? Join the team!
Your profile and ambitions
- You are in your last year of your bachelor’s degree, or in your first year of your master’s degree in Business studies, Economics, Finance, Marketing, or Accounting
- You are a strong communicator, fluent in Dutch and English
- You enjoy helping other people
- You think analytically and like to get to the bottom of things
- You are proactive and result-driven
- You feel at home in PowerPoint and Excel – Pivot Tables and Formulas do not deter you and you know the ins and outs of both programs
- You are eager to learn new skills and you are ambitious about your career
- You are available for a minimum of 16 hours per week
- Start date – as soon as possible!
What we offer
- Be valued. We encourage you to bring forward your own ideas and initiatives
- Be part of a fantastic team. The chance to work with a group of fun, ambitious and business-minded people
- Be where it’s happening. The Amsterdam tech scene is booming! Our office is in the centre of Amsterdam, and we share it with other promising and fast-growing companies
- Be rewarded. A competitive salary
- Get direct results. Your work will often have a direct and tangible impact on our clients
If you recognise yourself in this profile, then we would love to hear from you! Send your CV and a motivation letter, citing why you would be a great candidate for this position, to email@example.com.
Learning is life-long. 5miles is designed to help you make effective learning a daily habit, one that supports your professional goals, and helps you build your own success.
We give you the way, all you need is the will.