E-learning Writing Internship
“Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn”
Grow your business and writing skills while helping professionals get better at their jobs! 5miles is a start-up that makes learning a daily, fun habit and teaches valuable skills in a new, challenging way. The founders of 5miles have extensive work experience in strategy consulting and investment banking, and the core focus of the business is to harness their knowledge and teach it to others.
As a content team intern, you will work together with our authors to turn their ideas into high-quality e-learning materials. You’ll quickly improve your Excel and PowerPoint skills – which you’ll use throughout your career! As a side project, you can work with a team you find interesting, such as software development, customer success or marketing. In this way, you’ll get a full pass to the start-up backstage.
Your main responsibilities:
- Create understandable and challenging e-learning materials (text and graphics)
- Ensure the e-learning materials are kept at a consistent high quality by implementing user feedback and making improvements to the available trainings
- You are studying or have recently completed your academic study in business, consultancy, finance, communications or journalism.
- You like helping others learn and are a fast learner yourself.
- You have a way with words and are fluent in English, preferably also Dutch.
- You love to create high-quality, accurate and concise texts and cool visuals to go with them.
- You know your way around Office programs, particularly PowerPoint and Excel.
- You enjoy working in a small, dedicated team and you know how to manage your time.
What we offer
- Learn a lot. You’ll improve your analytical and writing skills in by working with experienced authors.
- Get direct results. Your work will often go ‘live’ in the app.
- Be valued. We encourage you to bring forward your own ideas and initiatives.
- Try things out. We are a diverse, international team of fun, ambitious and business-minded people who will support you if you want to see what other departments are up to. Good chance to find out what fits you.
- Look ahead. Our past interns now work at The Dutch Central Bank, ABN AMRO, KPMG, and PWC, or stayed with 5miles. This learning journey can help you get the job you want.
- Be where it’s happening. The Amsterdam start-up scene is booming! Our office is in the center of Amsterdam, - and we share it with other promising start-ups.
- Be rewarded. The internship fee is EUR 500 per month (based on full time work).
- Daily fuel. We offer daily lunch and unlimited coffee.
The position is for 6 months, 3 to 5 days per week. If you are interested, please send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you need more information, reach out to Bart, at +31 6 408 945 53.
Start date: flexible - the sooner, the better.
Learning is life-long. 5miles is designed to help you make effective learning a daily habit, one that supports your professional goals, and helps you build your own success.
We give you the way, all you need is the will.